Mercury Players' Fifth Annual
July 10 and 17, 2004 at the Bartell
"The Xtreme Sports of Theater"
ABOUT THE BLITZ:
For the fifth year, Mercury Players X-tends this challenge to the Madison theater community: To write, cast, design, and rehearse eight short plays in 24 hours!
Writers will draw themes or titles at 8 pm on Friday night, July 9, and have 12 hours to turn in their scripts. Then the production teams--diretors, designers, and actors--will have 12 hours to prepare. At 8 pm on Saturday, July 10, the curtain goes up on brand new plays that did not exist 24 hours before. The next week, Friday, July 16, we start all over again!
Two completely separate sets of brand new plays, Saturday July 10 and Saturday July 17, at the Bartell Theater, 113 E. Mifflin St. Tickets $10 at the door only.
EXPERIENCE THE UNIQUE MADNESS THAT WE CALL "THE BLITZ!"
DO YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE?
- Write/direct: Sorry, we already have writers and directors slated for this year's Blitz. If you wish to be considered for the future, we can put you on the Mercury mailing list. (Do be advised that you will get all Mercury-related e mail.) Send your e mail address to Mercury c/o Marcy Weiland, at email@example.com
- Tech: If you'd like to work on design, or backstage during the show, please contact producer Marcy Weiland at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Acting: If you'd like to be an actor in either performance, sign up at the Bartell on Monday or Tuesday, July 5th or 6th, anytime between 7 and 9 pm. We will sign you up and take your picture. If we sign you up, we expect you to show up! Your commitment will be one very full day, from 10 am on the show date, until the end of the performance that night.
- Signup location: Bartell Theater lobby, 113 E. Mifflin St.
- Signup times: Monday, July 5 or Tuesday, July 6, 7-9 pm.
- Singers: Please note that we will be doing a 24-hour MUSICAL on the July 10 show. (No need to sing, just sign.)Signup: Bartell Theater lobby, 113 E. Mifflin St.
Download the Blitz V poster! Own your very own copy of the production poster for this year's Blitz production